Peru Travel Guide 2023
Peru is a land of ancient ruins, stunning scenery, and delicious food. Visit the iconic Machu Picchu, hike the Inca Trail, or explore the Amazon rainforest. Peru is a country that will leave you breathless.
If you're planning a trip to Peru in 2023, here are a few things you need to know:
- When to go: The best time to visit Peru is during the dry season, which runs from April to October. The weather is mild during these months, and there are fewer tourists than during the rainy season.
- Where to go: Peru is a large country with a lot to offer, so it's important to decide what you want to see and do before you start planning your trip. Some of the most popular tourist destinations include Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu, Arequipa, and Lake Titicaca.
- How to get around: Peru has a good public transportation system, so you can easily get around the country by bus, train, or plane. However, if you're planning on visiting smaller towns or villages, you may need to rent a car.
- What to see and do: There are endless things to see and do in Peru. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Visit Machu Picchu, one of the most iconic archaeological sites in the world.
- Hike the Inca Trail, a challenging but rewarding four-day trek that leads to Machu Picchu.
- Explore the Amazon rainforest, home to a vast array of plants and animals.
- Visit the Sacred Valley, a lush valley home to ancient ruins and villages.
- Learn about the history and culture of Peru at the Larco Museum in Lima.
- Relax on the beaches of Mancora, one of Peru's most popular beach resorts.
- Where to stay: There are a wide variety of accommodation options available in Peru, from budget-friendly hostels to luxurious hotels. It's important to book your accommodation in advance, especially if you're traveling during peak season.
- What to eat: Peruvian food is some of the best in South America. Be sure to try some of the local specialties, such as ceviche, lomo saltado, and anticuchos.
- What to pack: When packing for your trip to Peru, be sure to pack comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and a hat. You may also want to pack a raincoat, as it can rain in Peru even during the dry season.
We hope this travel guide helps you plan your trip to Peru in 2023. Have a wonderful time!
Here are some additional tips for planning your trip to Peru:
- Get a visa: If you're not a citizen of the United States, you will need to get a visa before you travel. You can apply for a visa online or at a Peruvian embassy or consulate.
- Get travel insurance: Travel insurance can protect you in case of unexpected events, such as flight cancellations, lost luggage, or medical emergencies.
- Do your research: Before you book your trip, be sure to do your research and learn as much as you can about your destination. This will help you make the most of your trip and avoid any surprises.
- Be flexible: Things don't always go according to plan when you travel. So be prepared to be flexible and go with the flow. This will help you have a more enjoyable and stress-free trip.
With a little planning, you can have an amazing travel experience in Peru in 2023. So start planning your trip today!